May stage of work under the grant of FIG
The spring phase of our work on the project "Preserving Nature, Working for People", supported by the Presidential Grants Fund, has ended.
1. Specialized courses of the BBT Association "Initial training of specialists in the construction and reconstruction of paths and working with volunteers" were completed, more than 10 people, future foremen and assistants took part in them. In May, a workshop on working with a chainsaw was held, the final theoretical test and the reporting workshop were held, in which 22 people took part, including 10 participants in the courses.
2. We conducted a complete inventory of BBT tools and equipment, purchased new equipment for volunteer projects, and labeled new tools.
3. Programs for the remote training of assistant team leaders and translator-communicators for carrying out volunteer projects of the BBT Association in the Baikal region have been developed. In May, 4 distance classes for assistants and 4 classes for translators took place. More than 40 people became listeners, most of them we are waiting for this year's projects.
4. The BBT intelligence season has begun - collecting up-to-date information on the current state of trails on the Baikal coast, served by the BBT Association in the Irkutsk Region and the Republic of Buryatia. We have begun work on the creation of a trail database for the effective implementation of volunteer trail support projects. The first in line was a two-day trip to the rocks of the Olkhinsky plateau of the Irkutsk region. The BBT specialists traveled along the route Vityaz - Idol - Turtle - Settlement - Old Woman - Bear Cubs - Mirrors. This year, 4 volunteer projects with a duration of 3 days each are planned on this route - "Giants of the Siberian taiga". More about the projects: https://greatbaikaltrail.org/summer-projects/
5. The department for working with volunteers continues the active coordination of volunteers before projects, processes applications, answers questions. At the moment, 5 summer BBT projects have already been fully equipped, there are still places for recording on 10 summer projects and 3 autumn ones.
6. Approval has passed and 8 information stands for 4 territories on Lake Baikal have been sent to the press, another 8 layouts are being approved. In 2019, the BBT Association will develop and install 16 stands on the shores of Lake Baikal and adjacent territories.
7. As part of the work on professional BBT videos, a team of videographers filmed material at the BBT children's retreat in Bolshoi Goloustnoye, on May 19. Subsequently, based on these materials, a video will be mounted on BBT educational projects to popularize volunteerism, the ideas of responsible tourism and environmental education.
8. We continue to develop a strategic development plan for the BBT Association for 10 years in advance. In May, we finished work on the results tree, made changes, formed assumptions and assumptions on our strategy, determined the content of the term "Model Path" for ourselves, and began work on the Logical Model (identifying priority problems, goals, resources, activities, etc. )
The project of the BBT Association "We Preserve Nature, Working for People" is being carried out using a grant of the President of the Russian Federation for the development of civil society provided by the Presidential Grants Fund.